Acid Fume Preventer – Antivapor®
Acid Fume Preventer – Antivapor® Brochure
For a correct hot dip galvanising process, the surface of the steel products to be treated must be prepared beforehand. Part of this preparation occurs int the pickling stage which consists of removing the oxides form the surface of the pieces by immersion in solutions containing hydrochloric acid (HCl) or sulphuric acid (H2SO4).
Inevitably during this operation the acid attack on the steel will produce hydrogen, contaminating the working environment with acid fumes. These fumes are more or less visible according to humidity and temprature of the working environment.
ANTIVAPOR® is the economical solution to this problem because it controls the phenomenon where it takes place by acting on the hydrogen, which is the main element responsible for the fume emission.
THE ADVANTAGES OF USING ANTIVAPOR®
- It reduces the acid fumes in the working environment by %70 and more
- It improves working conditions for those operating plant
- It reduces plant maintance costs while increasing its life span, e.g. overhead cranes
- It reduces the hydrogen embrittlement phenomenon in the processed materials
- It is simple to use
- It has no disadvantages
- Its effect lasts for the entire duration of the bath-life of the pickle solution.