Nickel Tablets Brochure
The highest zinc coating is reached when the silicon in the steel is 0,04 to 0,12%, this range is called the ‘Sandelin Curve’.
From this graph, it can easily be seen that in the Si killed steel, the example is 0,26% silicon, the coating thickness increases directly proportional with time, whereas in the unkilled steel, this increase is very slow. And even after 2 minutes dipping, the coating thickness is double in Si killed steel.
- Reactive Steels;
- Prevents high coating thicknesses.
- Prevents growth of Fe-Zn alloy layer.
- Prevents dark grey coatings.
- Prevents peeling of coating.
- Increase the coating homogenity.
- Zinc saving from 5% to 15% in weight.
- Increase coating ductility.
- Smoother and brighter surface finish.
- Increase the fluidity of the Zn bath.
- Aesthetical coating appearance.
Why Nickel Tablet?
- Less Nickel using up to 30% compared to Zinc-Nickel alloy ingot and powder Nickel applications.
- Zinc Nikel Alloy Ingot, 1.7 kg Ni addition per ton Zinc.
- Nickel Powder 1.8 kg Ni addition per ton Zinc.
- Nickel Tablet, 0.75 – 1 kg Ni addition per ton Zinc.
- Removes workmanship from the nickel joint.
- The implementation is very simple and fast.
- No special expertise or tools required.
- Nickel floats on the surface of the zinc bath more than other methods, therefore does not settle down tot zinc ash and dross.
- Nickel automatically dissolves in zinc bath.
- No dependency on purchasing of HG / SHG Zinc.
Why ANI METAL Nickel Tablet?
- Others: Nickel + Wax
- ANI Metal: Nickel + Wax + X (X is our “know-how”).
- ANI Metal tablets create more heat shield when burn off therefore they prevent consumption by oxidation.
- Increase the solubility in zinc.
- Prevents the precipitation to dross.